1. How do you think your year went in grade 6?
I think what went well was... I did well in some activities at school. I had some struggles with math. I would get stressed out with some things or I would cry for no ression at all when we have math tests. I did good in art, P.E., science and more.
2. What was something that was very memorable?
I had a good year here are some memorable times. I made awesome new friends and that friendship will never end. I also loved all the field trips I got to go places I have never gone before like when we went hiking and canoeing!
3. Looking back on your reading comprehension throughout the year, what was one thing you were really proud of (think back to our literature circles or the novels we read together).
The novel I most loved was Touching Spirit Bear. It was an interesting book. It had situations that ended out getting solved. But the thing that I did not like was how I had to listen to the Ipad and not read in a lit circle. I feel like if I kept trying to read more I would get better at reading it. I also like the book Seepeetza! I learned so much from her . I learned about Residential schools and how bad they are.
4. What was one thing that you struggled with in terms of reading and that you think you should work on?
I think I should work on. Reading a little bit faster or maybe giving expressions on like how it says. '' And he gasped''. I could work on it by reading my own books at home and work on all that stuff.
5. What writing piece were you most proud of (personal, story or persuasive). What about it made you proud?
I am proud of my speech. I think I did really good on writing it, it took forever to make it. I tried to persuade people on how they should '' treat others the way they want to be treated''. But I guess it wasn't enough. Because I did not make it into the speech fest.
6. What was one thing that you think you still need to work on throughout all of you writing? How do you know you need to work on this?
I think I need to work on the sentences and detail. I make not much sentences I only add about 15 words to my writing. Even though I said I need to work on my detail I think I am good with adding detail most of the time.
7. We have talk a lot about communication skills (how you communicate with your peers and your teachers in small or large groups). What is one thing that you do well in terms of communication and one thing that you think that you should keep working on?
I think I do well with working and or listening to my friends or other people and including Ms. Bains. But I need to work on doing stuff that ms. Bains tells us to do. Such as cleaning up how many pieces of garbage.
8. Do you think you do a good job of asking for help when you need it? How do you know you are good at asking for help or not?
I ask for help a lot so I think I am good at asking for help. I ask help with math a lot if it is confusing. Some times I need help with something but then I forget to ask for help.
9. In Math, we learned a lot of things this year. Talk about a time when you struggled with something in math. What was it and how did you get better at it?
I struggled with long division. But Mrs. Brennan showed us an how to make it simple and easy. I learned M,D,S,B,R. It's all the steps to learn it. Multiply, Divide, Subtract, Borrow and Repeat!
10. What was one thing you were really proud of in math this year--something you think you did really well or a challenge you over come?
I like my math tests they have good marks which makes me happy. But every single test I start to cry or get stressed. I over came it when people told me I can do it Don't give up!
11. We spent a lot of time learning about what social Emotional learning. How do you self-regulate? How do you promote social emotional learning around you? (Think of your morning zones of Regulation).
You can Self-regulate by reading a book, lemotating, talking with peers or find a way to make your brain relaxed. You can promote it by learning it more in school or tell people about it.
12. How did you like project-based learning? What was your strengths? What could you work on in the future?
I liked making projects it's fun. My strengths were working with people to make it have more facts and it's fun to work with peers. I could work on it more in the future to get better at making them by myself to learn more.
13. You experienced different types of innovative learning within the classroom such as classroom blogs, coding, choice, passion projects etc. How did this best support you learning? What did you like about it.
I supported my learning by doing stuff like bloging, coding, passion etc. I could try new stuff. I liked it because it's kind of like passion time and it's relaxing.
14. Every day you never sat in the same spot, you had a different seat to start your morning. How did this benefit your learning? What did you like about it?
It helped my learning because I worked with different people each time. I liked it because I could be sitting by my close friends. And I liked it because I would sit beside different people each time.
My goals over the summer are...
I will work on some stuff that I learned in grade 6. I will try to think about when I have tests I will not get stressed I'm going into grade 7!
My goals for grade 7 numeracy are...
I still need to work on my dividing and or my multiplcation. I could learn some of this maybe during the summer break. Hopefully I will do good in grade 7.
My goals for grade 7 Literacy are...
I will read over the summer so when I come to grade 7 I will be ready to be good at reading. I will read every night or day about an hour or 30 minutes.
My overall goals for grade 7 are...
To improve in some stuff I needed help with in grade 6. I will do extra stuff in grade 7. I'm exited for grade 7! I will try harder.
Chinese new year is a celebration for China. Just like our new years eve it is Chinese New Year were we stay up late and have fun. But for Chinese new year it's speciel like you eat Chines food, and its a different animal each year. I hope to learn China words and maybe eat some cool food. I have never bin to a celebration for Chinese new year we celebrate at school but I would want to go to a Chinese celebration. This year it is the year of the monkey and i'm the year of the monkey. When it is Chinese new year they put up cool stuff sutch as, lanterns, dress up, wear cool costumes and many more. You can smell the fresh and nice food they are preparing. You can hear the folks getting ready for the big event. You can feel the crazy and cool costumes and the awesome decorations being put up like Halloween.
Chinese New Year is a great event that all people should enjoy.